SimplBit is a rapidly growing IT product company focused on developing our own fintech products that will change the way people around the world interact with the financial market.
We are driven by the fact that the financial market and its outstanding possibilities have never been closer to everyone.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager who has experience leading complex, technical development efforts including management of engineering personnel to deliver high-quality software on time, and across functional units of our business. The engineering manager will report to the technology department head and will strategize on technical investment and departmental strategy as the business continues to grow.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Collect Feedbacks from the Business stakeholders.
- Offer solutions above the collected feedback.
- Keep an eye on Ukraine office IT infrastructures and offer improvements strategy.
- Provide supportive leadership and ensure that the department is meeting or exceeding targets and goals from both a functional and cultural point of view.
- Run SCRUM meetings such as estimation planning, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and idea generation.
- Develop and enhance internal policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Develop proposals, cost/time estimates, and delivery expectations.
- Coordinate with technical leadership on solutions and technical investments.
- Provide technical expertise as needed to complete software projects according to schedule.
- Write up technical specifications and/or requirements for approved projects.
- Oversee production and quality control.
- Manage multiple software projects concurrently.
Some things we consider critical to succeeding in this role:
- A bachelor’s degree in management information systems (MIS), computer science (CS), or Business Administration.
- At least 2 years of experience managing an agile work environment using SCRUM methodology.
- At least 3 years experience with full-stack development.
- Strong competency with relational and non-relational databases.
- Comfort and competency surrounding the design and implementation of applications and microservices.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages (C# preferred).
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket).
- Challenging tasks and creativity in finding solutions.
- Guaranteed friendly support from our team.
- Flexible working hours (start of the working day from 9 to 11).
- 18 working days of paid vacation, paid sick leave.
- Medical insurance (after probation).
- The best equipment for the work (depending on your wishes).
- Possibility to work remotely.
- No bureaucracy.
- Comfortable and spacious office in the heart of Kyiv (Druzhby Narodiv metro station).
- Extremely simple employment procedure.